Sunday, November 19, 2006

A Crop (and Lunch!) with Lisa Bearnson



Local Scrapbook Store Timeless Treasures sponsored Creating Keepsakes Magazine founder Lisa Bearnson's visit to the OC this weekend. For anyone reading this who does not know who Lisa is, she is the Julia Roberts of the scrapbooking world. She started CK, which is the leading magazine in the industry. Nan and I sign up two months ago for the crop with her. You had to call in to register and the 50 seats filled up in 10 minutes! There was also a page design contest - Lisa herself was going to pick the winning layouts and those scrapbookers would get to have lunch with her on Saturday. The theme was "What Matters Most" and Nan did a great prison-themed page of her family, showing all the personality traits they were "wanted" for. It's a layout I'll be scraplifting soon. I had designed my layout with big pictures of my three boys. At the crop, the winners of the contest were announced. I was SO surprised when Lisa chose my layout! "My Boys" is now on display at Timeless until Dec. 23. Lunch with Lisa was at Wood Ranch in Rancho Santa Margarita and there were about 12 of us in attendance. I didn't get to talk with Lisa very much, as I was at the opposite end of the table, but she had some great stories that really let us see inside her personality. Thanks goes to both Lisa and Timeless.

1 comment:

Michele said...

OK, how proud are you??? I'm sooooo proud!! Awesome job, and I'm thrilled for you! What a great picture too!!

xo!
Michele