Sunday, March 04, 2007

The Melting Pot


Rodney and I celebrated a late Valentine's Day since Valentine's Day just didn't fall at a convenient time for us this year. Rodney surprised me with replacement "Xan" earrings. I somehow lost one of the diamond earrings Rodney gave me when Xan was born when we went to Illinois at Christmas time. While Rodney's Dad, Paul, found the backing in the bed we slept in, the diamond stud was never located. But, Rodney says these diamonds are a bit bigger and they are very sparkly and clear. I also got them without the screw-back posts, which I find difficult to secure and what I attribute to the earring coming loose in the first place.

After he gave me the new earrings at home, Rodney and I headed to the movie theater and saw "Music and Lyrics" which was a cute movie. Then Rodney surprised me again with dinner reservations at The Melting Pot, an upscale fondue restaurant in Irvine I've been wanting to experience. Rodney got the "sweethearts" package, which included balloons and a framed picture of us. It was very tasty, a bit expensive, but definitely some place I wouldn't mind going again. They served us the perfect amount of food in four courses: Cheese fondue; salad; meat, seafood and vegetables; and chocolate fondue. We both left comfortably full.

No comments: