Tuesday, July 17, 2007

Now that I have some free time ...


Well, last Friday I was laid off from my job at NRPI ... my position was eliminated, which really wasn't a huge suprise to me since my supervisor and friend, Nan, had been laid off about 90 days prior. So, Friday I came home and applied for unemployment. Sunday night and Monday, I sent out some resumes and applied to a handful of jobs online.

We'll see what the future has in store, but for now, I am focusing on looking at the available jobs in the area online, scrapbooking and doing stuff that I didn't have time for. I did my regular shopping at Costco and Walmart on a Tuesday afternoon (no crowds!!), reorganized my very messy kitchen pantry and went to work on base with Rodney yesterday. I finally got to see where Rodney works and what a day there is like for him. He and his crew were good sports about me tagging along. The photo of us is in the radar room, in front of the arrival scope. Now I have a better understanding of what he is talking about when he comes home!

No comments: