Sunday, November 15, 2009

First class Blue Angel Air Show and more...


... I was assigned to work at the Blue Angel Homecoming Air Show this weekend, and with that came VIP wristbands, not only for me, but for Mom and the boys, too. Not only did we get to sit right along the flight line for the Blue Angels show, but we got free and tasty food, cleaner port-a-potties and free beer. Too bad Mom and I don't like beer, and I was on the clock, "selling" people on the credit union and handing out earplugs. That's my friend Brynn with me.



I started at 7 a.m, but Mom and the boys took on the crowds and managed to arrive at about noon, after Xan's last soccer game. He scored six goals and brought home his first trophy.


The kids also spent about an hour playing in the Lego area - you should have seen them both studying the Lego displays and trying to absorb all the new ideas!







Although I don't have a photo because I was working the Pen Air booth, Will got to go bounce in a bungee-cord-style trampoline contraption and had a great time.

Later in the afternoon was the Blue Angels show, which, of course, was good, but something I can usually see from my backyard or office window every Tuesday and Wednesday.

No comments: