Sunday, January 24, 2010

Scrapbooks, wing sauce and Avatar...

I don't have any photos to share this week. It was a pretty standard week of work and school, depending on who you are in the Guthrie house.

I spent most of the weekend 25 minutes away in Orange Beach, AL, where a local scrapbook store was holding their annual beach retreat crop. I taught a couple of classes there. It was nice to be with scrappy people again.

Rodney and the boys hung out with the Stevens family most of the day Saturday. Rodney also made a new hot wing sauce that he's quote proud of and the kids love. I haven't tried it yet, but promised I would soon.

Today we all headed out in to the rainy weather and went to see Avatar. I didn't tell any of the boys that it was a 2 hr. and 40 min. movie because I knew I would get resistance. I was a bit concerned that the younger two boys wouldn't be able to sit still and pay attention for that long. But I needn't have worried. Their attention was held and we all liked the movie - even Rodney, who does not like sci fi stuff. I had told Xan that it was a Star Wars Avatar movie, so he would know what to expect, sort of. He took me literally. Throughout the movie, he kept asking Rodney when the Clone Troopers were going to show up. He was pretty ticked at the end of the movie when they never made an appearance. I enjoyed the movie and marveled at the special effects.

The only thing happening this week of any note is the Pen Air FCU Family night at the Pensacola Ice Flyers hockey team game this Friday. In between periods, I will join the rest of the Marketing team in a broom ball game against the IT department. Hopefully no one will break anything - especially me!

No comments: