Wednesday, February 10, 2010

Plenty to report...

Sorry for the delay, blog addicts, it's been pretty busy around here, for all of us. Rodney is coaching Will's baseball team this spring, so there have been player evaluations, team picks, field days, fundraisers (of course... BTW, anyone want to buy a $15 candle?). The good news is that Will is one of the few level 5 players, which are the best in the league. He might play well enough this season to be picked for the All Star team. Pastor Sean, the youth pastor at the local Liberty Church we go to, has a son Will's age and will be assisting Rodney with the coaching, as will Greg, my friend Brynn's husband. BTW, if anyone knows Brynn, she and Greg are due to have their first baby in October - congrats to them!

On Feb. 4 Pen Air FCU had it's last Ice Flyers hockey game night. Of course the family was there in full force while I worked, handing out Pen Air cowbells to spectators. They were very popular. And people are bringing them back to the games on a regular basis... excellent marketing move that I wish I could take credit for! It was actually Greg's idea.




Will has also been selected to test for the gifted program at his school. They are looking for an IQ higher than 130 for him to qualify. If he is accepted, he will go on a bus every Monday to a nearby school for enrichment activities, including studies of Egyptian history, dissecting small animals and more. It sounds like it would be right up his alley. Will's class also celebrated the 100th day of school last week and had lots of 100-themed activities. Here is one of his papers, which I found to be the epitome of Will.



Xan has also been busy. While he is still too young to play ball in this league, he will be practicing with Will's team. I have a feeling that he'll be one of the best batters in t-ball next year, considering he is already hitting a moving ball. Today he was signing his Valentines for the party at preschool on Friday and he got started while Rodney and I were cleaning up from dinner. I checked back with him to see how he was doing (I gave him a Sharpie, because I knew he could sign his name well with one!) and he had signed his name... with punctuation! An exclamation point, to be exact.



Rodney and I had a night out last weekend, to a bowl-a-thon fundraiser for Junior Achievement. Pen Air FCU was involved and was challenging the local Navy Federal CU to see who could raise the most money. I actually have no idea who did raise more, but we had a great time bowling anyway, followed by a few rounds of karaoke.



Christy (I work with her husband, Brad, she is a teller at the corporate branch while she finishes school) and me

Brynn (whose hat won the Mardi Gras hat contest, Christy and me.

Brad, Christy and Rodney sing No Diggity.

The pregnant couple... who didn;t kow they were pregnant at this time.

Brad and Rodney sing "A country boy can survive."

As for me, I officially sold the retailing and wholesaling of Kits2Remember's raw materials (acrylic, metal, chipboard, stamps) to a fellow scrapbook enthusiast in San Diego County, Calif. Her new venture is called From Cover 2 Cover and is scheduled to launch next week. She is very enthusiastic, has a lot of creativity, teaches classes and has kids who are teenagers. I wish her the best of luck! I have retained the rights to purchase from my suppliers for project kits and classes, so I will still be dabbling. Maybe now I can get some of the family scrapbooking done!

No comments: