Wednesday, March 17, 2010

Ice Flyers, green beer and cowbells...

A local Mexican restaurant, Tequila Mexico, is trying to boost up business (someone should tell them that their food sucks, that may be why business is so bad, but I digress) so they sponsored a special St. Patrick's Day celebration with a local radio station and some of the Pensacola Ice Flyers hockey players. I heard about it on the radio, and thought the boys might enjoy meeting the players. So all three boys grabbed their Pen Air Federal Credit Union-Ice Flyers cow bells and we headed off to the restaurant.

The Flyers were very, very kind to the kids, signing their cowbells with the Sharpie I remembered to bring. Especially Right Wing Joey Hughes, who took extra time so I could get a photo of him with the boys. I SOMEHOW forgot my camera, so these photos were taken with my iPhone. Not great in the low lighting with flashing DJ lights, but it's better than nothing. Oh, and they were also nice to Rodney, who also asked to have his cowbell signed.

I have no idea why some of these are posting upside down and I need to go to bed sometime tonight, so just turn your heads or your monitors - whichever is easiest. :)






And here is the green beer, as promised. Rodney said it tasted awful.

No comments: