Thursday, May 06, 2010

Spring photos, baby birds and "Going Buggy"...

I realized that I had forgotten to put up the boys' spring photos. Will's school photos haven't come home yet, but here are the baseball photos and Xan's spring photo - complete with live lamb. The one of Will and Rodney, with Will in the yellow shirt, is from Wednesday's Parent's Day lunch at Will's school.






The Mama bird from last year is back, making a nest and laying five eggs in the largest of two hanging planters on my back porch on April 24.


They hatched early in the morning May 5, and today, May 6, they clearly had their appetites ready. I brought the planter in for a quick pic, and Mama bird happened to land on a lamp near the hook where the plant hangs. I could just imagine her thinking, "Wait a minute. They were JUST here!" I put them right back and Mama bird came right back and quickly hopped in to feed them.



Will's second grade school play, "Going Buggy," was tonight, He had one of the biggest speaking parts and he did very well. I loved the multi-eyed cap he wore!


No comments: