Saturday, February 12, 2011

Globetrotting...




Cashing in on some free tickets, the Guthries headed to the Civic Center to see the Harlem Globetrotters in action. The club is celebrating its 85th anniversary this year and actually started in Chicago. And none of the current team members are from Harlem. But they all went to college. Good thing, too. More basketball shots were missed than made. I was a bit disappointed because the show wasn't what I had envisioned. I thought there would be a lot of ball tricks and amazing hoop shots, but there was an attempt at a basketball game plot and unsophisticated humor. Even the boys got bored halfway through the show. Rodney was the only one completely enthralled, I think. However, the kids did get a basketball, Rodney got a 4-point spot and both were signed by five of the Globetrotters, one of which was Bones, pictured with the boys here.


I backed the boys up jest to get a shot of them with Bones in the background, signing autographs. The boys were not paying attention to me so I yelled "smile!" at them. They did and Bones turned and smiled too. Afterward I thanked him and made sure he knew I wasn't yelling at him!

- Posted using BlogPress from my iPhone

No comments: