Friday, March 11, 2011

Claymation and golf




On Wednesday, Rodney and I headed off to Will's school for a special performance. His PATs class was going to debut their clay animation public service announcement videos they had created over the past 9 weeks. They wrote the stories, created the clay characters, took the photos and edited them in to a movie. The third graders all did an excellent job. Will's group did "Don't Smoke." I've also added a link to all of the 30-second videos so you can see them. They were very creative.

Today I was officially on "staycation" for a week, so Rodney and I, along with his friend Mark and the kids, went to play golf on base. Xan took a liking to the sport - any activity where you can hit a ball with a stick makes him happy. Will worked on his driving - and not the kind that required a stick and a ball. He had a great time driving himself and Xan around the course and did an excellent job of keeping up and not running in to anything.




Xan lost his ball in one of the sand traps on one hole and I told him to go get it. After he was gone a little longer than necessary, I went over to see what he was up to. 'What are you doing?" I asked. "Making a smiley face. See? (points) Smiley face." I doubt there have been too many golfers who have made a smiley face after hitting their ball in to the sand trap.



No comments: