Wednesday, April 24, 2013

Our lives since the last post...

... have been a bit busy, to say the least., I knew the month of April was going to be a crazy one for us, but looking back at the past 10 days or so, it was quite the whirlwind! I'll try to catch you up...

We headed to Sasebo for a few days during the boys SpringBreak.If you haven;t already, be sure to check out that public blog post. Here are a few pictures that weren't included. First, Wrestlemania was that Tuesday night... here they are watching it. I put in my headphones and watch the Mad Men season premier on my iPad.


The boys have discovered the skate park here on base... and the injuries that come with it.

Xam

Xan

Will
Will
 We didn't do anything too strenuous,but the boys managed to quickly fall in to a dead sleep every night.


The boys have officially started the baseball season. Will has already had his first game, and the Ligers won 8-0. Xan and the Lightning Thieves won't play until Thursday evening. I had my craft sale, so Rodney took these photos of Opening Day.








I spent a few days in Tokyo... Check it out on my public blog.


I also displayed my wares at the Iwakuni Craft and Information Fair, which was organized and hosted by the group I started on base, the Iwakuni Home-based Business Organization. You can see pictures on the group's website and on my Tenaciously Remembered Facebook page.

My Mom went to Pittsfield last month to visit Rodney;s family and got me a shirt... I took this photo and Facebooked it to her... the beauty of modern technology when you live a half a world away. The look on my face is for my spouse, who was being obnoxious as he took the picture.


We went to our first Iwakuni baby shower. It was a coed shower and there were games for everyone, The men had a beer drinking race... with baby bottles.




Rodney won, of course. Then he discovered the chocolate diaper game. It's when candy bars are melted in diapers and you have to guess which brand of bar it is... a classic game at ladies-only baby showers.



Some of Xan's writing... he thinks the word that apply to him include "rank," which, considering how gassy he is, as his family, we agree.


Xan's birthday letter to his brother.


Will got his 11-year-old booster shots Monday. He is good for meningitis, tuberculosis and some other stuff I can't spell or pronounce. He can now enter the 6th grade.



No comments: