Sunday, December 31, 2006

Will Finally Got His Easy Bake Oven!






Since the sun set on Christmas, people have been asking Will how his Christmas had been. He always said, "Good," or "Fine," but then told them that he didn't get his Easy Bake Oven. He had mentioned to me that he wanted an Easy Bake Oven, so I put it on the family Christmas list that my mother-in-law requested. I had no idea how serious he was about this particular gift.
However, it was pretty clear when he opened up his gift from Aunt Brenda ... it was an Easy Bake Oven, as pink as can be. Will whooped and hollered and held the box up, "It's my Easy Bake Oven! It's my Easy Bake Oven!" At the suggestion that he should thank his Aunt Brenda and give her a hug, Will flew over to her and leaped into her arms for a hug, much to the delight of everyone in the room - especially Aunt Brenda.
Kara got an Oven, too, and they both got additonal mixes to go with it. Will can't wait to start baking after his nap today.
Cousin Richie made a comment about boys baking, but his daughter, Lauren, got a set of Sesame Street tools with a drill, screwdriver and tool belt and much more. She loved it as much as she loved her pretty shoes and purses, if not more, so, the gender role reversal is equal in this family, I'd say!

1 comment:

Tall Tale of a Teacher! said...

I love it! Looks like you are having so much fun!