Sunday, January 07, 2007

Vegas, Baby!




With Will and Xan vacationing with Rodney's family in Illinois, Rodney and I spent three days and four nights in Sin City. The slots were not kind to me and our hotel did not offer Black Jack lessons, so I scrapbooked a bit, instead. Rodney did well in the hotel's Texas Hold 'Em tournaments, managing to come in first and second in two of the four he played. We also saw a comedy show, which was OK, not great. The Cirque de Soliel's Zumanity show was one I have wanted to see for quite a while, so we went. Both of us really enjoyed it - amazing acrobatics and hilarious content!
Side note: It was sad to see the Stardust abandoned. I think the sign says it all. Rodney wasn't overly upset since that's where he got food poisoning back in 2000 after eating lobster.
Now we're back home and to reality with no hot water! The heating element went out of our hot water heater. Hopefully we will have a new one tomorrow. Welcome Home!

No comments: