Thursday, April 03, 2008

The gang is moving ...

Well, it's official: The USMC seems to think Rodney will make a great air traffic control instructor, so we are scheduled to move to the Naval base in Pensacola, FL, in July. Rodney and I will be going to look for a house the second week of May. We will then hae the house packed up around the 24th of June, before we head out to Illinois with my family for our annual summer visit. The boys will stay there until school starts. Meanwhile, Rodney and I will fly back to California so he can check out of Pendleton and then drive across country with the dogs, turtles and anything else that the movers can't or shouldn't take. Rodney has to report by July 31, so we hope to be settled into our house by then. The rest of the year, I will be flying back and forth between Orange County and Pensacola, to fulfill the scrappy committments I have already made for my business. We'll keep everyone posted as we got more info!

1 comment:

Tall Tale of a Teacher! said...

Congratulations! I know that moves can be tough but at the same time what an opportunity!