Friday, November 14, 2008

Bass Pro, beaches and bean bags...

Rodney and I attended the 233rd Marine Corps Birthday Ball at the Sandestin Hilton in Destin, Florida. I had a kidney infection all week (but didn't find out until Friday when I went to the ER - I thought I had the flu) and my antibiotics had finally kicked in, so we drove the 1.5 hours and managed to get to the ball with plenty of time. We did get photos taken, but they will be shipping them to us later, so nothing to share there. Actually, if you look at last year's photo, it will look a lot like that, only my hair will be down. Both Rodney and I wore the same outfits. :)

The next day, after sleeping in a bit and grabbing a bite to eat at the Waffle House, we, of course, had to stop by the Destin Bass Pro Shop Outdoor World. Here are photos of Rodney at this male Mecca:




The next day, he headed off to Illinois to go bow hunting with his buddy Jesse. Rodney managed to shoot both an 8-point buck and a doe in the first couple of days. We have plenty of vennison, enough to goive to a friend of him snd still have plenty left over to make summer suasage with a recipe from Grandma Velma. I guess I will have to give it a try.

Here on the home front, the boys and I are keeping busy. Both boys had Veteran's Day off on Tuesday, so we went to the beach. It would have been pleasant, but there was a brisk wind off the coast. We still hung out for over an hour, ate lunch and played in the sand.




Today I surprised the boys with some bean bag chairs for their play room. They didn't have anywhere comfortable to sit, so hopefully these will remedy that. They seem to like them.

Tomorrow I plan to brave the crowds and take the boys to the Blue Angels Air Show. It is their annual homecoming show and I think the boys will enjoy it. Hopefully the weather is nice!

No comments: