Sunday, January 18, 2009

Back to reality...



Sorry I haven’t been blogging lately, but for those of you who didn’t know, I was on the Ultimate Scrapbook Cruise, put on my Scrap Map. I had been planning (and paying for, thanks to the monthly payment plan!) the trip for the past year and a half. It combined the best of cruising with some of the best scrapbooking instructors in the country. Needless to say, I was pretty close to heaven on Earth. It was a great trip that really recharged my batteries and got me ready for the busy month I have ahead.

The best part: I entered the ScrapMap paper crafting contest, all 110 on board had the chance to vote for their favorite design of the 44 entries, and my entry won! I get to cruise on the Ultimate Scrapbook Cruise next year for FREE!!!! I am so excited! If you would like to see photos from my trip, please visit my scrap blog: www.jessicaguthrie.blogspot.com.
Rodney isn’t as excited by my win. Well, he is happy for me, but he was home with the kids for a week, so he is a bit burnt out. Hopefully by next year, he will have gone on another hunting trip and be recharged himself. I brought him home a portrait of me for his desk (lucky guy! LOL!) and a wooden writing pen from the Grand Cayman Turtle Farm. He loves pens and I was actually able to find one with his name already printed on it! Usually those personalized items go right from “Robin” to “Roger,” completely skipping over “Rodney.” So I was thrilled and he seemed to like it, too.


As for the boys, I was never able to find anything I thought they would really enjoy and appreciate. If you haven’t seen their play room lately, it looks like a tornado went through it, with all of their new Christmas toys scattered everywhere. So, at the airport on the way home, I invested in a Transformer watch for Will and SpongeBob sunglasses for Xan. Both were very well received at the airport.

Something else fun at the airport: We saw baseball star Manny Ramirez. Rodney was surprised by how small he was in person.
While I was gone, Will’s report card came home. Straight A’s yet again. He got an A- in math – he said it was because he rushes through his work. We need to work on that. So, one night this week he will get to choose a restaurant to eat at. I haven’t asked him yet, but I am sure it will be Denny’s (groan…). He was also very busy putting some of my old scrapbook supplies to good use last week, creating all sorts of great paper crafts.
Xan is more verbal than ever and gives his Dad a run for his money. While I was gone, Rodney said that Xan declared that Optimus Prime came to his school and farted on the playground. Exciting times at the preschool, I guess. Some friends of ours thought it over and thought that maybe a semi truck stopped nearby and the air brake went off. With that child, you never know.
I will be heading off to California for three weeks of scrap work, so I will try to post some family news to this blog as much as I can. Stay tuned!

No comments: