Sunday, March 29, 2009

Turtle wrangler...


... just had to share this photo my Dad sent from California for us. It's my nephew, Brandon atop one of the Sulcatta tortoises my parents adopted from me when Will and I moved from Yuma to Pittsfield in 2003. This one is the larger, friendlier of the two, named Papyrus. She barely batted an eye when Brandon climbed aboard, just kept eating.

Our weekend has been restful, yet productive. The nasty thunderstorms we had for four days canceled two of Will's baseball games, so we stuck pretty close to home. Grandma Peggy, Grandma Velma and Grandpa Bill left Thursday at noon for a two-day drive back to Illinois. The kids miss them. Grandma Nancy and GG are scheduled to arrive in Florida Saturday evening. This kids are excited to see them. GG hasn;t seen them since we were all in Illinois for the 4th of July. She's afraid she won't even recognize them! But they will recognize her, so I am sure there won't be a problem ...

No comments: