Saturday, October 31, 2009

Trick or Treat...

... after refusing to wear the Bob the Builder or firefighter costumes his brother wire in years past, Xan told me earlier this week that he would dress up as NOTHING for Halloween. During a trip to Wal-mart I found some cheap costumes and asked him if he liked any of them. He picked out a $12 Rafael (Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtle) costume and we were ready to go!


Rodney's friends, the Stevens, came by, and their two boys, Brandon (Darth Vader) and Braxton (Marine), went trick-or-treating with us since their neighborhood was a bit too quiet for good trick-or treating. There were a lot of people shipped in to our neighborhood for trick-or-treating, We had cars parked all the way up the drive to our housing track, along the apartments. The bummer was some kids weren't even in costume when they came trick-or-treating.



Before we handed out candy at our house, we trick-or-treated for about a mile around the neighborhood.

Xan was doing just fine until, at one house, a witch came flying out at him, screeching. He immediaitely changed course and ran in a huge arc away from her and back to us. I have never seen that kid move so fast! It stuck me as very funny and I laughed for a good five minutes about it... I get that inappropriater sense of humor frm my Dad, so I made sure to call him with the story. I felt better when he laughed, too. After that incident, Xan got back in to the swing of things after two houses (candy is a big motivator) but would let Will and Brandon go up to a door first to make sure no one was going to jump out at him.

Will, of course, couldn't help but "shine" as Willvis - and was a hit with the neighbors. He kept reporting back that he would get extra candy at the doors because the people were Elvis fans. It's good to be the King!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Love the story, especially about the scary witch. The boys look great. I'm about to make a adult size Elvis suit for my brother inlaw who is a mad Elvis fan and I was wondering the design of the eagle on the cape did you draw that up yourself or get it from somewhere, I would love to know.
Cheers Kirsten.