Thursday, August 26, 2010

Daddy's Home!

The doorbell rang a little after 7:30 p.m. tonight... and guess who was there?



As you can see, the boys and the dogs were thrilled to see Daddy (I was, too, but I had been tipped off to his early arrival) and Daddy was thrilled to be home - and at the end of a long 14-hour drive.

Will's bussing situation has finally been resolved. Communication was, of course, the problem, combined with the district giving the bus driver the wrong area code to my phone number. Monday, I took Will to school - and apparently no one bothered to hear my voicemail message I left explaining he did not need a ride to school that particular day.

Tuesday, we waited for Will to be picked up starting at 7 a.m. No bus showed up, no one aswered the dispatch line, or called me back, so I had to drop him off... late. So I stopped by the school office to find out what was going on. The bus arrives to pick Will up at 6:44 a.m. I also informed them that he would not need a ride home, because we will go to Blue Angel Daycare instead. Ooookkaaaayyy....

Wednesday, Will was ready for the bus at 6:40 a.m. Still no bus. I finally was able to get a hold of dispatch. Dispatch called the school. The school said Will did not go to that school, that he went to Blue Angel elementary. When dispatch called me back, I assured them Will did go to that school, gave his teacher's name and said he had been in her class for two days. Dispatch apparently straightened everything out and sent a random bus over to our house (as seen below) and it took Will to school. Alone. Late.



However, Will's teacher, as well as his regular school bus driver called me and told me that everything had been fixed and this would not happen again. Apology accepted. Bus Driver Ms. McCoy said she would pick him up around 6:35 a.m. Peachy.


This morning, Will's bus arrived at 6:35 a.m. and he got on it. He said his bus driver was very nice and reminded him of his Grandma Peggy's cousin Nancy Lomelino.

Hopefully, this bussing saga has now ended.

No comments: