Wednesday, August 11, 2010

In the past month...

... I have received some complaints about the lack of material on the Guthrie Gang blog. With the boys not here, things have not been too exciting up until recently. Here are the highlights:

Our niece/cousin Cheyenne Lee Kasal arrived August 4, 2010 at 2:50 a.m. She weighed in at 8 lbs., 9 oz. and measured 20 1/2 inches.

Joe and Gina are thrilled, but big brother Brandon preferred to ignore her until recently. I guess he was going with the whole "if I ignore her, she might go away" philosophy. Of my boys, Will was happy to see her, but had more of a "been there, done that, got the t-shirt" sort of attitude. Xan was the one who was really interested in her, checking out her little hands, ears, etc.



As of this week, I have been accepted to the University of West Florida Graduate Program.



I will start classes in a few weeks towards a Master's degree in Strategic Communication and Leadership. As Aunt Brenda said, "Oh, wonderful! Now, what does that mean?" In a nutshell, it means I will learn how to create and manage effective and efficient teams of people. I have been taking similar classes at UWF through the credit union and have really enjoyed them, and the professor, Dr. Athena du Pre'.


I am looking forward to the program. Now, if we can just get Rodney's GI Bill to come through correctly!

Rodney is doing well in his Advanced Course, maintaining a 99 percent average in his studies. He's doing a great job, despite sore knees and bruised ribs.

The Guthrie's are now on Skype... so, if you are, too, look us up: jessicaguthrie22.

The weather here in Florida has been, ahem, BALMY, to say the least. The reptiles and amphibians have been out en mass, from little green tree frogs to toads that I swear must weigh over a pound to these intersting little beige lizardy gecko things seen on the kitchen window.


The babies of these things keep getting in to the Florida room and I keep (carefully) picking them up and putting them back outside. It appears there is a nest of them in our porch roof.

One of the pictures I took of a wedding, our friends Tyler and Amber, made it on to a credit card billboard here in Pensacola this month:




I've been doing some scrapbooking/papercrafting this summer while everyone's been gone (I have also scrubbed the entire house, top to bottom, so don't think it has all been fun and games!). This is a mirror I created to be auctioned off for charity at Creative Escape, the event I taught at two years ago in Arizona.


The boys will be home Aug. 22, and start school, Aug. 23, so there will soon be plenty of updates!

1 comment:

Jenn Christman said...

Sounds like a bunch of fun things are happening for you guys. Bet your mom is super excited to have a grand-daughter. By the way loving the mirror!