Monday, August 15, 2011

California so far...

   I left Thursday to fly to California to pick up the kids and the weather has been gorgeous since I got here. Either that, or I have forgotten how nice California is in August, thanks to the hot humidity of Pensacola! Either way, I have been outside a lot and my tan has made an appearance. Meanwhile, I have been spending time with the kids and the rest of my family, especially G.G. Yesterday we headed over to the Starbucks on the Lake at Rancho Santa Margarita. I happened to post to Facebook about it and my oldest friend (as in length of time as friends, not age!), Corrin was there, fishing with her day and two youngest sons. Here are some pictures:

Clockwise from top left: Josiah, Joshua, Will, Xan and Brandon.

Corrin and me
   Today was a trip to Disneyland: The boys and I tagged along with Joseph, Gina and Brandon to the Happiest Place on Earth. We got there at 8 a.m. and managed to get through Autopia, Pirates of the Caribbean, the Haunted House, Splash Mountain and Indiana Jones in less than two hours! Also managed to fit in lunch, Star Tours, Toontown and Small World. We were home by 4:30.

Xan was not a fan of the Indiana Jones ride.

Fun on Splash Mountain

The Sorcerer and the Jedi

An altercation with the storm troopers outside Star Tours.
   In Tomorrowland they have the Innovention building. Inside they have the "High School Reunion" computer generation of your image - so you can see what you will look like decades later. All three of our images were pretty freaky:
Me

Will

Xan

1 comment:

Jenn Christman said...

Lol. Those are freaky. I need to go there just for that!!! Lol.