Monday, December 03, 2012

Beginning-of-December updates...


Well, the Christmas cards are in the mail and our mid-rise looks like the holidays threw up in it, so we are good to go for Dec. 25. If you haven't had a chance, yet, take a look at my blog post about our decorations. Rodney griped at me about how many boxes of Christmas stuff we have, but, at the same time, he said the house looks nice and wants the holiday lights on when he's home.

Speaking of Rodney, he will be leaving soon for his fun time on an island that is a U.S. territory. Have to be cryptic because of military secrecy, etc. I don't know why. It sounds like he is going to a tropical location on a plane during the month of December. Seems like a vacation to me. ;) When he is home, he is polishing his bowling skills... bowling is his new hobby, and since we can see the bowling alley from our house, it's a convenient way for him to stay out of trouble.


Xan finally has all of his tiny cavities filled (four in total! The kids are now rinsing their teeth with ACT and have fresh batteries in their electronic tooth brushes) and Will had the crack in his front tooth filled in. We are both pleased with the results. The kids' dentist is a cute blonde 20-something lieutenant that the kids adore. Sorry, boys, she's getting married soon.

I have officially lost 33 pounds since Sept. 1, although I took the week off last week, fighting off a cold. Rodney is now fighting it off. It seems like each year I move somewhere, I get sick. When I moved to Illinois, I got pneumonia; when I moved to Florida, I got a kidney infection. Now I have this cold that has lasted nearly 2 weeks. Yuck. Tomorrow night is my first scrapbooking class here in Iwakuni. Hopefully all will go well and it can be a fun event every month. I am also finishing up my first semester as an online instructor. I have about 50 papers to grade before grades are due on Dec. 17, so I am not looking forward to that.

Speaking of papers, here are some recent writing samples from the boys. I'm sure you can guess whose is who's, and who the brown-noser in the family is. I would also like to remind you that Mrs. Howell is another cute, well-educated, blonde 20-something in Xan's life.




Will's paper pays homage to a memory of Grandpa Paul:







No comments: