Tuesday, December 18, 2012

Lost teeth, a promotion and a Christmas party...

Sorry for the delay in blogging, but it has been a pretty busy week for us. Will and Xan each lost a tooth, Rodney was selected for promotion and returned from his balmy tropical vacation in Guam, and I have been grading 35 students' work and turning in grades for the semester. Here are some photos to share with you guys:

I forgot to mention this in the Tsuzu blog post, but we got name tags that had our names in Japanese. I know hen it is my name because I have a smiley face with a dimple, then a capital I, and then a smiley face without a dimple.

Concrete walls make it hard to hang things. But, with the help of some Command heavy-duty stick-em-up hooks, I finally got my "Scrumptious" wall hanging up! I realized I don't have my new brother-in-law, Luke, or the newest baby cousin, Ben, up there, so I must get to work!

As I mentioned the boys each lost a tooth this week. Will lost his 6th one since we moved to Japan. Not to be outdone, Xan, that same night, went to work on his loose tooth, but only manged to give himself a bloody lip. I have no idea how he did it, and he was not forthcoming with the information. But, a few days later, the tooth was too loose to be able to eat with, so Dad pulled it. The Japanese tooth fairy came to our house twice this week, dropping off 100 yen each time.



Two nights before Rodney got home from Guam, the detachment had its annual Christmas party. The kids and I took fashion up a notch and headed out to the club on base for a catered meal. Santa was there and he gave each boy a pack of WWE Rumbler wrestlers, which they were more than happy with.




As I mentioned previously, Rodney found out on Friday morning that he has been selected for promotion. His last promotion was in 2007 and he is projected to pin on his rank February 1. This is a photo of him buying Master Sergeant chevrons, which he was dying to do the moment he got home. I snapped this picture, which he was telling me not to snap. Since when do I listen?


We finally got our official Marine Corps ball photo. This is the first year that we don't have an American and Marine Corps flag behind us. It wasn't an option this year.


No comments: