Monday, February 18, 2013

Odds and ends from the week...

Rodney is still training in Thailand this week, so it has been just the kids and me. Saturday we went to Hiroshima, so be sure to check out my public blog for those photos. Here are some of the other things we have been up to:
I took a origami and calligraphy class Thursday,/ This is the origami doll I made, as well as my name in  hiragana.

A new nail tech has moved to Iwakuni and works out of her home. Hopefully these nails will last longer than those I was getting at the base salon. And, instead of it taking 2 hours, it took just over one.

The kids still love Japanese video games, although many of them are getting too short for Will.

Not sure if you can't tell , but Xan got hit near his eye... again. This is probably the 8th time this has happened. 

Monday was rainy, so to keep from killing each other inside the apartment, we headed off to the thrift store. We got all of this for $12.60.

And last, but not least, Rodney's promotion made it in to the Iwakuni base newspaper.

No comments: