Wednesday, August 06, 2014

American road trip 2014


During my visit to the states this summer, my mother decided it would be fun to travel to Las Vegas, to see my brother, Joe, and his family, and then to Tucson, to visit Rodney's cousin Katie, and her family... Including her 3-month old twins, Dylan and Ellie. Joe's kids, Brandon and Cheyenne, were already in town with my mom and dad, and greeted me at LAX with my kids. We dropped them back off at home when we went to Vegas. So here are the highlights:

In the car, ready to leave Lake Forest! Road trip!


We pit stopped in Baker, making sure to get the photo opp with the large thermometer. It was unusually cool for August.


This was Will and Xan's first trip to Las Vegas... We stayed at the Mirage.


First Vegas winnings... We turned $3 in to $5. Unfortunately, I wasn't as lucky a few days later when I played the slots again.


A collage of our day time look around the strip. And yes, that is root beer Xan is drinking.


The next day we went to see the Hoover Dam. We also celebrated Cheyenne's 4th birthday with a trip to Chuck E Cheese... Xan's first time there.





The next day, the we said goodbye to the Kasals and headed to Tucson to visit the Shields and Grandma Peggy, who was in town to see us and the twins. Along the way, I found a Sonic and got my favorite iced tea. 


Everyone met the twins... And the grandmas were more than thrilled to cuddle the babies.



Part 2 of our road trip will be posted soon!

No comments: