Friday, May 08, 2009

Fuzzy babies...

In an earlier post I mentioned that a bird had laid five eggs in my hanging spider plant on my back porch. Well, yesterday one of of those eggs hatched a fuzzy baby.


Today I went out and checked and the fuzzy babies multiplied. There are now three fuzzy babies. So very cutely ugly! Hopefully all five will be hatched tomorrow.


Can you see Ripley's hair in there? Hopefully the mother bird didn't pluck it right from his back, but that might have been funny to watch...

The garden here is growing in the 80+ degree, humid weather. My seeds in the flower bed never sprouted, so, the patient person that I am, I planted lantana and some impatien-like flowers there.


The tomatoes and anaheim chile peppers are starting to flower and fruit and the flowers my Mom and I planted are going gangbusters!


No comments: