Monday, May 25, 2009

More wildlife news and a wedding ...

... well, the big bummer of this post is that the baby birds flew the spider plant coop sometime yesterday. I know my Mom will be upset, since she was looking forward to seeing them when she flew out tomorrow. All that's left is a poopy nest with Ripley hair in it.

Friday was interesting as the kids went off to school. A middle-school kid rang our doorbell and told Rodney that he left a turtle in our yard because it had been in the middle of the street and he did not want it to get run over. (This reminded me of my Dad, who is famous for stopping on the side of of a road to rescue shelled reptiles from sure automobile-caused death.)The turtle made his way to our front door, so we took pictures of him before Rodney let him go in the woods as he took Xan to school. When Xan got back home that afternoon, he saw the empty box was back and wanted to know where the turtle was. It was tough trying to explain that he was in the woods with his turtle friends.



Saturday night was our friends' Amber and Tyler's wedding in downtown Pensacola. They had asked me to take the wedding photos, which was a little nerve-wracking, since I had never been the official wedding photographer before. But, they downloaded their photos yesterday, took them to get printed and called me back to say they were very pleased with the results. Here are a handful of the photos I took:




No comments: