Wednesday, May 20, 2009

Will's essay and the fuzzy babies ...

... Will brought home a few more of his first grade practice essays today. This one is one of my favorites:


I didn't know you had to be big and strong to scrapbook, but I know it sure helps when you are traveling and setting up for Scrapbook Expos! Rodney said he hopes Will changes career paths. He is fairly confident that he will, since Rodney remembers his sister, Jill, wanting to be a "boy basketball player" when she was about Will's age. As far as I know she is still female and works for the Red Cross ...

An update on the birds in my backyard spider plant: The fuzzy babies actually look more like live birds and less like plucked chickens.


And I finally got a photo of mama bird.


I don't think she is a robin after all. Usually she is flying madly away from the nest when I see her, so now that I have gotten a decent glimpse, I have seen that she has a red chest and head, and gray body. I wonder what the dad looks like, since he is supposed to be brighter. I'll see if I can't figure it out on the Internet and let you know.

No comments: