Sunday, March 25, 2012

Last Chance for Molly Ringwalds

The area's 80's cover band,The Molly Ringwalds, was playing at Capt. Fun's in Pensacola Beach last night. This was probably the last time I will see them in concert before we move to Japan. Sniff. Rodney lucked out and didn't have to go with me. My neighbor, Emily, wanted to go with me, since she had never seen them. 




Traditionally, the band takes a bottle of Crown Royal and drinks from it, then sends it out in to the crowd to share. Last night, once it was empty (I do not need a communicable disease at this juncture in my life, thanks), Emily got her hands on the bottle and gave it to me as a souvenir. A few songs later, they threw drumsticks in to the crowd and I managed to get one of those, too. I could only find a ball point pen, so it's not easy to see, but three of the band members signed the back of the bottle for me. Below are also some links to the concert. It must have been a great show because my ears are still ringing!


The band performing the theme from The Breakfast Club
The band performing "Sweet Child of Mine" from Guns n Roses


No comments: