Tuesday, August 21, 2012

Hiroshima

I found the time to blog about our Saturday trip to Hiroshima on my public blog. Be sure to click this link to see it.Some of the stuff is not on that post, so I've added it here. You should read the public blog post FIRST so the photos below have more context for you.

This cutout of a top hat man was in the lobby of Andersen's. Will did not think the stodgy-looking man should smile while Xan couldn't help but grin.



Across the street from Andersen's and down a few shops was this toy store, which clearly specialized in Legos. Of course, we had to go in. We did not anticipate the over-the-top reactions from the boys, so I did not get them on video. Bummer.



This set is $238.

This set is $211.

I hadn't seen a Vikings set before. This costs $159.

The boys settled for 400 yen ($5) Ninjago characters spit out of a gumball-like machine.
 For you Lego enthusiasts, here is a video I took of all of the Lego aisles at the toy store.

The boys on their first train ride. Note the men digging in to the doughnuts to the left.

The boys in front of the A-Bomb Dome.

This for you, Luke! ;)

2 comments:

jkasal said...

Looks like a lot of fun!

Were other people smiling in front of the A-bomb dome? :)

Jessica Guthrie said...

I don't know. I didn't really notice. But it wasn't a super somber place. People were chatting and walking their dogs.